Info FOr You polishing hotel silver...



It's polish the hotel silver day! Try as I might to like tarnished silver, I just can't quite get there. ;)  There's just something about the old silver-soldered hotel silver all polished up that I adore-  I love the contrast of the used, abused, old silver with a fresh, shiny surface.  This is just the hotel silver that sits out around the house- it tends to need more polishing, but it's really not too bad of a job as I only polish about once every 6-8 months.  The pieces in the cabinets don't oxidize as often and only need polishing once every year and a half or so.




Where's Alfred and Jimmy when I need them?!




I like to use silver cream to polish the hotel silver.  Wright's is my brand of choice, but apparently this is what the grocery store had the last time I purchased.  I use the sponge that comes with the polish cream and lightly go over the pieces.  I then wash them in dish soap and they're ready for use.  
It's actually a rather pleasant chore as I like reading the hotel names and wondering about what life was like during their glory days!



Question:  When watching Downton Abbey how many times do you say "I want a staff...." ?!  
Me,  I average about 4 times per episode!!!
 :)

So.... what are you doing today?!



Sumber http://fortheloveofahouse.blogspot.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel