Info FOr You making candles pretty!



I love having lots of candles around.  
From votive to large multi-wick candles there's just nothing like candlelight that makes a room feel special at night.   I like my candles to be pretty even when not in use.




When I place a brand new candle they just always look too new because, well- they are!  I hated that, so I came up with a way to give them instant patina (see photo above) and wanted to share it with you.




I use a small propane torch and a striker to start.  
BUT, THIS IS DANGEROUS!!!  Use at your own risk.  If you're not checked out on how to use one I suggest you use...




this Kingsford flexible lighter  or a chef's torch- both which have an extra long (i.e. hot) flame.




I place a large piece of wax paper under the candle to catch any drips.  Then just slowly apply heat to the top outer edge to cause it to melt which creates drips and softens the look of the new candle.  You use the size of the flame and the distance of the flame from the candle to control the amount and size of the drips. You can see in this photo how important it is to use the wax paper!




Continue slowly heating and dripping until...




...you get to your happy place!  
Make sure the candle is cool before handling and then be careful when picking it up that you don't put your fingers on the drips as they can break off easily, so try to handle the candle from the bottom.  




And, there you have it- a pretty new candle with patina!

If you missed the story about the blue baluster you can read about it HERE.



Sumber http://fortheloveofahouse.blogspot.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel