Info FOr You kitchen drawers- the island



It's another beautiful "snow day" here in New Hampshire and that means I'm in the kitchen!
Awhile back my sweet, beautiful niece, Jenny, told me that she liked to imagine she was visiting us at the farmhouse and we were sitting in the kitchen having a glass of wine, talking about cooking and...
 looking in my kitchen drawers!!!
I figure if Jenny wants to look inside my kitchen drawers, then there are probably some of you who want to too!

[By the way.... If you live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and are thinking of putting in a swimming pool Jenny and her husband build pools- both residential and commercial gunite swimming pools.  They offer new construction, remodels, replasters, pool maintenance and consultation.
Lucas Firmin Pools ]





We got around 24-inches of snow during the blizzard last weekend!  We went from having no snow on the ground to 24"!




Years ago, well before we even thought of moving, I came across a kitchen that used all drawers instead of lower-cabinets.  I thought the idea was brilliant and functional and saved the magazine article for inspiration (remember the old days when you had to literally tear something out of a magazine instead of "pinning" it?!!! ;)  When designing this kitchen I incorporated all-drawers (well, almost "all") into the plan.  I couldn't be more happy with them and highly recommend them if you are designing or renovating a kitchen.

Since I have a lot of drawers I think it is best to break this topic up into a couple of posts.  I'll start with the island drawers.  

The marble top island is where most of the food prep takes place, so items inside these drawers are geared towards ease and convenience in cooking.  The island measures a little over 3 x 7 feet.  To keep from having to continually run around to get something in a drawer on the other side I have strategically placed duplicate items in drawers on both sides of the island.  It's a simple thing, but one that makes cooking more enjoyable.



The following are the drawers directly across from the sink.
I love to open a kitchen drawer and find "pretty"!  These little woven baskets ($5 each from Walmart) are the perfect holders for utensils.
One of my favorite kitchen tips is in the lower right hand corner- individual measuring spoons.  I bought several sets of measuring spoons,  took them off the ring they come on and can now pull the right sized individual spoon out for whatever I need instead of having to fold the spoons I'm not using back and then wash them all when I've only used one! When making a recipe I pull the appropriate spoon for an ingredient in a recipe and the ingredient itself and set them side by side.  Do you mise en plas?!



Next down is my "savory" herb and spice drawer.  The white polymer tiered-shelf drawer organizer
was cut to fit the drawer.



Below it are baking spices and ingredients, plus bulk bags purchased from Penzeys- I love Penzeys!



Flanking the ends of the other side of the island is the wine refrigerator and a cabinet for large items like my sheet pans, wire racks, cutting boards etc.  The refrigerator and the cabinet left a very small space to be accessed from this side.  I had the cabinet maker make shallow drawers so as not to waste any space.  I keep my papers and plastic wrap in one....



and measuring cups in another.



Below the measuring cups I store Ziploc and paper bags.



The following drawers are on the range side of the island.  As I mentioned, I store an extra set of measuring cups, spoons, scissors and a timer on this side so I don't have to keep running around the island to find items.  This drawer is right next to the wine refrigerator (right side of photograph) and is the wine opening station!



Love this drawer as it holds all things baking!  Oh, and my immersion hand blender- if you don't have one you need one, trust me!  It's a kitchen favorite this time of year when making soups.



This drawer is another favorite, holding my Cuisinart food processor, KitchenAid 9-speed hand mixer, and my chef's torch for making Dan's favorite crème brûlée!



I know it's not a "drawer," but I thought "Jenny" would want to see where I keep my sheet pans and cutting boards! :)


Hope you liked the Jenny-inspired post!

For more drawer organization and storage:
To see the drawers on the sink side click HERE
To see the drawers on the range side click HERE



Sumber http://fortheloveofahouse.blogspot.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel