Info FOr You hello September and farewell to a wonderful summer...

Were did the summer go?!  It went by so fast and we didn't make a dent in our to-do list   Oh well, it's been a fun summer full of puppy love, so that's all that matters in the end.  Thank you all for your wonderful, sweet welcome to Magnolia and Louise!  All the sisters are doing wonderful and life with three dogs is busy, full of love and lots of laughs.

While I am definitely ready for some cooler temperatures (it has been a hot and humid summer and the a.c. has been running full time) I'm not ready to let summer go just yet.  I've loved the summer mantel in the living room and thought I would share it with you before fall really gets here and I change it for the new season.  I also wanted to post it so that I can remember it :) 
Hope you have had a wonderful holiday weekend! 


I had one, and found several more old coral fans early in the season and I love how airy and light they look on the mantel, not to mention their beautiful colors.  The antique French mirror is a constant and shares the mantel top with an orchid in an antique marble urn, a copper tray, antique leather books, vintage and antique Chinese import ginger jars (these were used to import ginger), an antique bronze (of a crane holding a snake in its mouth and standing on a turtle) and a pair of 17th century Italian candlesticks that we found at the Paris flea market.


The hand painted fireplace screen was one of the first antiques I bought some 28 years ago for our first apartment.  Leopard pillow made from a vintage muff.  Love the finish on the large seashell that sits on the 18th century vellum books.  Pair of chairs and table also found in France.




A larger view showing the antique herbariums that flank the mantel.




And, if you were curious as to what the other side of the room looked like when I was taking photographs, it looked like this!!  My photography assistants- Ella, Louise and Magnolia :)




Sumber http://fortheloveofahouse.blogspot.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel