Mountain Retreat Yesteryear Scott & Scott Architects

It's the get-go calendar week of the schoolhouse holidays then I am taking things downwards a notch on the function front end to pass fourth dimension alongside my boys. While the styling projects are on hold, I'm nevertheless hoping to spider web log nigh days, but delight forgive me if I fille a twenty-four hours hither or there! Now for today's inspiring home...

Located at the base of operations of Grouse Mountain, the 1950s belongings has been transformed into a modern twenty-four hours retreat past times Vancouver based architects Scott & Scott. Bringing it inwards to the 21st century, they convey respectfully preserved its historical charm spell too celebrating its wonderful connection to nature.


I honey the openness as well as simplicity of this home. The neutral palette as well as mix of Douglas fir beams as well as concrete floors is such a winning combination. As are the iconic Hans Wegner Wishbone Chair as well as CH25 Armchair paired alongside cosy warm throws. Simple opened upwards shelving inwards the kitchen gives a position dorsum feel, spell the the huge marble slab benchtop is real much the hero piece. I too honey the elementary room divider made of plywood storage cabinets. 

This is definitely going similar a shot to my vacation domicile (aka The Nordic Barn) dreams folder!




Images via Dpages


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel